- Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us. If you are a visitor to the Site, we may collect information that you provide to us when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, or when you complete online forms or surveys provided on the Site. You may also choose to provide your email address to us if you would like to receive additional information about the Site and the products and services that the Company offers. If you want to become a registered user of the Site, access certain premium services offered through the Site or make a purchase through the Site, you will be required to provide certain information. This information will include your first and last name, mailing address, and email address. In addition, if you purchase any products through the Site, you will be asked to provide your payment account or credit card information, your eye glass prescription data and certain measurements regarding your eyes, vision, vision health, and needs for eyeglasses, and you may also elect to provide photographs if you use the eyeBOGO Fit™ service.
- Information Automatically Collected Through the Site. We may automatically collect information about you when you use the Site. For example, if you access the Site through a computer, we will automatically collect information such as your browser type and version, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information. If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also be able to identify the location of your mobile device. You may choose not to share your location details with us by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instructions on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer. We may automatically collect information from you when you use the Site using “cookies” and other similar technologies, such as web beacons, to automatically collect information about you when you use the Site. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time. Information that may be collected by cookies when you use the Site may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Site;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the amount of time you spend using the Site;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and/or
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. However, if you disable cookies you may not be able to log in to the Site or to use certain features of the Site. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Information You Share on Third Party Websites or through Social Media Services. The Site may include links to third party websites and social media services where you will be able to post comments, stories, reviews or other information. Your use of these third party websites and social media services may result in the collection or sharing of information about you by these third party websites and social media services. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the third party websites and social media services with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those third party websites and social media services.
- Information You Post on the Site. If you post information on public areas of the Site that information may be collected and used by the Company, other users of the Site, and the public generally. We strongly recommend that you do not post any information through the Site that allows strangers to identify or locate you or that you otherwise do not want to share with the public.
- Information You Provide to Payment Processors. All payments made through the Site are processed by our third party providers. All information collected by these third party providers for purposes of processing your payments is not available to us, unless you have otherwise provided this information to us in connection with your use of the Site.
- Information You Provide as Part of the “Refer a Friend” Program. You may provide us with the names and email addresses of your friends and contacts if you use our “Refer a Friend” program on the Site. We will only use the email address you provide for your friend or contact for the limited purpose of sending the applicable invitation, link or other communication to your friend or contact.
- How We Use the Information We Collect.
- Order Fulfillment and Customer Service. We use the information we gather through the Site to process orders you place through the Site or respond to requests or communications you send to us through the Site. We may also use the information we collect about you through the Site to help us better understand how the Site and our products and services are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are able to better design the Site and our products and services to improve your experience.
- Marketing Communications. If you have provided your email address to us, we may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving these emails from us, please follow the instructions contained in each email you receive from us which will allow you to opt-out of receiving further email marketing communications from us.
- Sensitive Information. With regard to sensitive information you provide through the Site, such as information about your medical or health conditions, we will handle, process and share this information in accordance with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Renewal Reminders. When placing on order for glasses through the Site, you will have the ability to opt-in to receive “Renewal Reminders” from us. If you opt-in to receive Renewal Reminders, we will use the email address you have provided to us to send you reminders that your prescription (Rx) may require renewal. You will have the ability to choose whether you would like us to send you these reminders on a six, twelve, eighteen, twenty-two, or twenty-four month basis.
- Online Advertising. The Company and third party businesses may use the information collected through the Site using cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies to help manage online advertising programs. This information may enable us, as well as third-party advertising services and other third-party businesses to track the actions of users online over time and across different web sites or platforms to measure statistics relating to marketing efforts, and to deliver electronic advertisements that may be more relevant to individual consumers and that will improve the consumer experience. For information about how tracking works for online advertising purposes, and what happens when you elect a do-not-track option, visit www.aboutads.info/choices. In addition, some third party businesses may provide a mechanism to opt-out of their technology. For more information about the opt-out process, you may visit the Network Advertising Initiative website, available at: www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Do Not Track: Your browser may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites that you visit. However, the Company will not disable tracking technology that may be active on the Site in response to any “do not track” requests that we receive from your browser.
- How We Share Your Information with Third Parties. The Company shares your information with third parties in some circumstances as follows:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We will disclose your information to our contractors, affiliates, distributors and suppliers (“Service Providers”) who provide certain services to us or on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders you place through the Site, processing payments, operating and supporting the Site, analyzing data, or performing marketing or consulting services. These Service Providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders or to Protect Rights and to Comply with Our Policies. We will disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if: (a) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (b) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (c) we believe that you have abused the Site by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
- Aggregate Information. We may share information relating to users of the Site with affiliated or unaffiliated third parties on an anonymous, aggregate basis. While this information will not identify you personally, in some instances these third parties may be able to combine this aggregate information with other data they have about you, or that they receive from third parties, in a manner that allows them to identify you personally.
- Our Affiliates. We may share some or all of your information with our parent company, subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies under common control with us. If you opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may permit these entities to use your information for their own marketing purposes. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our affiliates for their own marketing purposes, you may opt-out by emailing us at privacy@eyeBOGO.com.
- Third Party Marketing Partners. If you affirmatively opt-in to receive marketing communications from third parties, we may, from time to time, share the information you provide to us with selected third party marketing partners that we believe offer products or services that may be of interest to you. If you would like us to stop providing your information to our third party marketing partners, you may opt-out by emailing us at privacy@eyeBOGO.com.
- Updating Your Information. If you have created a user account through the Site, you will have the ability to access, update and correct the information you have provided in connection with your account by logging into your account through the Site.
- Security of Your Information. We implement security measures intended to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, the Company cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit on or through the Site and you do so at your own risk. Still, the security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information on our site, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Please remember that you play a valuable part in security as well. Your password to access our Site, which you select at registration, should never be shared with anyone and should be changed frequently. After you have finished using our Site, you should log off and exit your browser so no unauthorized persons can use our Site with your name and account information.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT DISCLOSURES
12.1. Personal Information Collected, by Category:
The personal information that eyeBOGO collects, or has collected, from consumers in the 12 months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure, fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which eyeBOGO Service is used:
Identifiers such as your name, alias, address, phone numbers, or IP address.
Age, gender, or other protected classifications.
Commercial information, such as purchase.
Geolocation data, such as the location of your device or computer.
Audio or visual information.
Inference data, such as information about your purchase preferences.
12.2. Personal Information Disclosed for a Business Purpose, by Category:
The personal information that eyeBOGO disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the 12 months prior to the effective date of this Disclosure fall into the following categories established by the California Consumer Privacy Act, depending on which eyeBOGO Service is used:
Identifiers such as your name, address, phone numbers, or IP address.
Your age, gender, or other protected classifications.
Commercial information, such as the details of a product you purchased if a third-party service provider is assisting to provide that product to you.
Audio or visual information.
12.3. Rights to Your Personal Information.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act, you may have the right to request access to or the deletion of your personal information, along with information about the collection of your personal information, by eyeBOGO company. If you wish to take any of these steps, please visit My Account or email us at privacy@eyeBOGO.com
Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request to delete, we will delete the personal information that we hold about you (to the extent provided by law) as of the date of your request from our records. However, please know that a business is not required to comply with a request to delete if it is necessary for the business to maintain the personal information in order to, for example, complete a transaction, detect security incidents, comply with a legal obligation, or otherwise use the personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible within the context in which the consumer provided the information.
Once submitted, you will receive an email within 10 days that we will use to verify your identity and provide confirmation of your request. We will respond to your request to access or request to delete your information within 45 days from the day we receive the request. If necessary, we may extend the time period to a maximum total of 90 days from the day we receive the request. In this case, you will receive an email notifying you of the extension and explaining the reason for the extension.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will inform you of the reasons for such a decision and provide you with a cost estimate before further processing your request.
12.4. Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
Right to Opt-Out
The CCPA defines “sell” to mean selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, a California resident’s personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
How to Submit a Request to Opt-Out
You may submit a request to opt-out of sales through our interactive webform available here. You also may submit a request by emailing us at privacy@eyeBOGO.com or by visiting My Account
How We Process a Request to Opt-Out
We will act upon your request to opt-out within 15 days from the date that you submit the request. However, we may deny the request if we have a good-faith, reasonable, and documented belief that the request is fraudulent. If we deny the request on this basis, we will notify the requesting party and provide an explanation of why we believe the request is fraudulent.
12.5. No Discrimination.
MNG Optical, Inc. will not discriminate against any consumer for exercising their rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act.